Singapore Women's Weekly January 2004
(Chinese New Year Recipes)
- 3 tbsps oil
- 250 g glutinous rice cakes, soaked in hot water,
drained well and tossed in 1 tbsp oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 100 g minced pork
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 100 g bamboo shoots, shredded
- ½ cup chicken stock (made from ½ stock
cube or use canned stock)
- Chinese parsley for garnishing
- 2 tsps light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Chinese wine
- 1-2 drops sesame oil
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and cook rice cakes over
low heat for a few mins. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil over medium heat and stir-fry
garlic till lightly brown and fragrant.
- Add pork and fry for another 1 - 2 mins.
- Add carrot and bamboo shoots. Lower heat and cook
stirring for 2 mins.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Put in rice
cakes and cook for 5 mins. Add all the seasoning ingredients
into the pan. Mix well and remove.
- Garnish with Chinese parsley and serve.
Back to Food
Styling & Recipes | Back